If you are interested in purchasing a home and you are not sure where to begin, here is the place for you. We have compiled a list in hopes to make this process easier.
When preparing to buy a home, whether its your first or your fifth, the first thing you need to do is know how you will pay for it. This means, if you are not paying cash then you need to decide on a lender who can help you with securing a loan. Your lender should be someone who has the heart of a teacher that can explain the ends and outs of everything and makes sure you understand your options. They will pull your credit and make sure that is where it needs to be and then they can look at all of your finances and give you an amount you qualify to spend. There is nothing worse than falling in love with a home that you cannot afford. So why torture yourself like that, get the facts before you start getting emotionally invested. In the tab below you will find information on lenders, mortgage rates, and every document you will need to start a loan file. Once you know how much you can afford its time to start learning the market. Contact your agent and get started 843-654-0119
STEP BY STEP
1: Select your Carolina Estates Realtor
2. Talk to your lender and determine how much you can afford
3. Determine your location needs.
4. Visit www.CarolinaEstatesRealty.com and start searching for your home.
5. Schedule homes you are interested in with your realtor and go view them together.
6. Once price is evaluated against current market values, make an offer with guidance from your realtor.
7. Negotiate with the seller about price, Due Diligence, time frame, closing costs, closing date and closing attorney in the contract.
Once signed by seller your contract is now considered RATIFIED, and marked as active contingent in the MLS. No other offers can be accepted after contract ratification.
- Your Realtor will send your contract to your lender and you and your lender get your loan package started.
-Have Home Inspection done by licensed home inspector along with any other inspections in the Due Diligence time frame, and follow up on any repairs made, if applicable.
-Line up home owners insurance and send information to lender
-Arrange for transfer of all utilities to be made effective day of closing.
-Together we will do a final walk through and examine the home for any damage that was not present at the time of purchase.
-Lender will finalize loan and send over to closing attorney. Once we are "clear to close" we will review all documents and check for errors, then go to Closing!!
ITS MOVING DAY!!! YEAYYY!!
Already registered? Login
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Sign in to take advantage of all this site has to offer. Save your favorite listings and searches – also receive email updates when listings you like come on the market for free!
*Contact Information NOT Shared*
Heather Southard- 843-697-0810
Reid Wyly 843-810-2810